Reports to: Operations Director
Salary: £15,000 – £20,000 per annum (Dependent on Experience)
OTE: £18,000 – £25,000 per annum (uncapped)
Hours: Full Time – 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Purpose of role
The primary role of the Collections Consultant is to generate new business opportunities as an integral member of our telemarketing team. You will be responsible for contacting businesses on our database to introduce our services as a commercial debt collection agency, managing your own diary, establishing rapports with key decision makers at these businesses and building a sales pipeline full of relevant and engaged prospects.
- Generate new business opportunities through cold and warm telephone calling
- Identify and develop new opportunities and pass qualified leads to the collections team
- Manage and develop a database of prospective clients
- Progress calls into leads and ultimately clients
- Manage workloads and prioritise work to meet business targets, personal and team KPIs
- Maintain the highest level of quality and professionalism whist accurately qualifying prospective clients
- Liaise with all contacts in a professional, effective and courteous manner
- Facilitate and record escalations to the Managing Director
- Attend regular meetings with the team/management and update on business development/pipeline activity
- Maintain detailed and timely records and ensure best practice/highest of standards at all times
- Continue improvement of departmental processes to ensure that customers are processed as smoothly as possible
- Identify trends and suggest improvements to team processes and strategy
- Any duty you may be asked to perform as part of a special project
Prospective clients of Hilton-Baird Collection Services
Reporting to the Operations Director
Education and experience
The candidate should be educated to A Level or above and would preferably hold business or marketing-based educational qualifications.
Ideally the candidate will have two years’ experience within a successful telemarketing department. Previous roles could include cold and warm business-to-business appointment generation exposure. Whilst not essential, experience within the business finance sector would be preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- High level of attention to detail
- A good level of business acumen
- Computer proficiency – Word, Excel, Outlook and Saleslogix or similar CRM system
- Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Target-driven hard worker
What we offer
- A vibrant, enjoyable and committed workplace
- Health Insurance and Life Assurance benefits after 12 months of service
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Ongoing training
About Hilton-Baird Collection Services
Established in 2001, Hilton-Baird Collection Services is a commercial debt collection agency which provides confidential credit control and outsourced debt recovery solutions to businesses, lenders and Insolvency Practitioners. Based in Southampton, the company is a family-run business and part of the wider Hilton-Baird Group, which employs more than 70 staff.
How to apply
To apply for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and covering letter, stating clearly which role you are interested in.