Reports to: Collections Team Leader
Salary: £17,000 – £23,000 per annum (Dependent on Experience)
Hours: Full Time – 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Purpose of role
The primary responsibility of a Collections Advisor is to manage a designated section of one or more sales ledgers or debt recovery instructions currently being collected by Hilton-Baird Collection Services, ensuring that any overdue debt is collected in the most timely and efficient manner. The Collections Advisor will be responsible for meeting personal and team targets, and ensuring that the highest levels of quality and efficiency are maintained.
- Manage a portfolio of live, current and overdue debit balance customer accounts
- Resolve queries in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Manage own workload and prioritise work to meet business targets and team KPIs
- Liaise with clients and provide updates on customer accounts
- Maintain quality and professionalism whist accurately controlling ledgers
- Through day-to-day activity, consider updates to departmental processes to ensure that customers are processed through the collections process as smoothly as possible
- Facilitate and record escalations to the Collections Manager
- Perform against targets individually whilst contributing to the overall productivity of the team
- Resolve collections issues, disputes and queries
- Ensure that issues outside the standard processes are escalated to the Collections Manager
- Identify trends and suggest improvements to team processes and strategy
- Any duty you may be asked to perform as part of a special project
Role within the management system
This is an operational role within the collections team of Hilton-Baird Collection Services and the role reports directly to the Collections Team Leader.
Education and experience
The candidate will be well educated and preferably hold business or accountancy-based professional qualifications. The candidate should be educated to GCSE standard or above.
The candidate will display a sound knowledge of all aspects of credit control. Good knowledge from a hands-on collections background is essential.
Typically, the candidate would have some practical experience within a successful credit control or collections department. Previous roles could include external credit controlling exposure. Whilst not essential, experience of legal collections would be preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- High level of attention to detail
- Computer proficiency – Word, Excel, Outlook and Sage or a similar accounts system
- Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Hard worker
- Punctual and reliable
What we offer
- A vibrant, enjoyable and committed workplace
- Health Insurance and Life Assurance benefits after 12 months of service
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Ongoing training
About Hilton-Baird Collection Services
Established in 2001, Hilton-Baird Collection Services is a commercial debt collection agency which provides confidential credit control and outsourced debt recovery solutions to businesses, lenders and Insolvency Practitioners. Based in Southampton, the company is a family-run business and part of the wider Hilton-Baird Group, which employs more than 50 staff.
How to apply
To apply for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and covering letter, stating clearly which role you are interested in.