Hilton-Baird Collection Services prides itself on delivering an exceptional service to its clients at all times and takes its responsibility as a commercial debt collection agency, and trusted provider of outsourced services, very seriously.
As a member of the Credit Services Association (CSA) and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), our complaints handling process follows the guidelines and rules from the CSA, Financial Ombudsman Service and FCA accordingly.
Formal complaints about any aspect of our service can be made by a range of methods, including telephone, post, e-mail, website, fax and face-to-face.
On all occasions, the complaint will be handled as soon as practically possible, typically within five working days, with all complaints recorded and escalated to management immediately.
Following receipt of any complaint, customers will be updated on an ad-hoc basis as and when required, at least weekly, until a satisfactory resolution is reached.
Complaints can also be made directly to the CSA.
Customers may have the right to refer a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service if they are not happy with the final response, or 8 weeks has passed since the customer initially raised their complaint.
Contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service are:
- Address: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
- Tel: 0800 023 4567 (calls to this number are normally free for people ringing from a “fixed line” phone, but charges may apply if you call from a mobile phone); 0300 123 9123 (calls to this number are charged at the same rate as 01 or 02 numbers on mobile phone tariffs); +44 20 7964 0500 (if calling from abroad)
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Setting high standards
In order to maintain our high standards and avoid the need for a client to make a complaint, Hilton-Baird performs regular quality assurance and supervision through day-to-day monitoring of activity. In addition, senior management regularly review employees’ individual calls in order to provide feedback.
All our employees also receive training in the principles of the CSA Code of Conduct, as well as our own internal Complaints Policy, which:
- Ensures that all employees are aware of and fully comply with the relevant compliance requirements
- Describes the process employees need to follow in the event of a complaint
- Introduces a consistent approach to dealing with complaints
- Creates and maintains a level of awareness of the need for complaints framework as an integral part of the day-to-day business
All complaints are reviewed quarterly for compliance with the Hilton-Baird Group complaints handling process.